About the Summit
The EQBW Summit aims to provide thought-provoking and inspiring speakers talking about timely, relevant topics to help engage, support, and inform equestrian businesswomen. Growth comes through connections and learning from others, which is what the Summit intends to provide. While there are many women working within the industry that can lend insight, there are also women with incredibly successful careers outside of the industry - who know and understand horses - that can contribute to that learning as well.
Talks and Panels
Equestrian businesswomen from across the industry will come together to talk and share their insight on the following topics:
How to maximize your social media presence
How to balance work, life, and horses
How to find a career in horses (that’s not riding or training)
Building a Successful Equestrian Business (in partnership with US Equestrian Annual Meeting)
Meet and chat with women from across the equine industry while enjoying the complimentary lunch at the Hilton West Palm Beach in the Florida sunshine. Compare notes, show pictures of your horses (or kids), talk best practices, and share contact information.
The Equestrian Businesswomen Summit wants to provide inspiration and information on how to grow as a businesswoman and find success for your business. We all need to feel a connection, and the #EQBW Summit can provide ways to learn as well as motivational moments.
Tracey noonan - “You Think Starting a Business is Tough? Wait Until Life Interrupts.”
Tracey Noonan is the CEO and Co-Founder of Wicked Good Cupcakes, Inc. along with daughter, Dani Vilagie. The company, now 7 years young, has grown to be a nationally known, multi-million dollar brand thanks in part to an appearance on ABC’s Emmy Award-winning show, “Shark Tank” and subsequent deal with Shark, Kevin O’Leary. Kevin has called Wicked Good Cupcakes “one of his best investments from Shark Tank” on numerous occasions.
Wicked Good Cupcakes is now the largest shipper of cupcakes in the U.S. and has added a host of other products. To date, Wicked Good Cupcakes reports sales upwards of $22,000,000. Wicked Good Cupcakes is in the process of beginning their franchise cupcake truck model as well as negotiating international licensing deals.
Tracey and Dani have appeared on Seasons 4-8 of Shark Tank, ABC’s Good Morning America, 20/20, the Kris Jenner Show, the Meredith Vieira Show, CNBC’s Squawk Box, Fox Business News with Cinnabon’s Kat Cole, Start Up USA, Food Factory, Beyond the Tank, Say Yes to the Dress and as a guest seller on QVC & HSN.
Tracey was a 2015, 2016, and 2017 Finalist in the prestigious Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year competition.
In her spare time, Tracey enjoys playing the drums and ukulele, learning Italian, traveling with husband Scott and her 3 Boston Terriers, Schilling, Sophie and Rocco Antonio. Tracey has more than two decades of experience with horses in the hunter/jumper, dressage, and eventing disciplines and her colt, Quoi De Neuf, competed at Dressage at Devon.
Béatrice de Lavalette
Béatrice will tell her story of courage, perseverance, and focus as she recovered from a catastrophic injury, and how her horse played an exceptional role in her recovery. She will talk about how amazing things can happen and a new path in life can be found in the outcome of a critical situation.
Beatrice de Lavalette is the most critically injured survivor of the Brussels Airport terrorist bombing on March 22, 2016. She was 17 years old at the time.
The now double-amputee Bea has been riding ponies and horses since the age of three. She competed in club gymkhanas and jumping competitions, played horse-ball (basically basketball on ponies) and competed at the French national club level in Hunter-Jumper and Dressage. Never one to give up, she was back on her horse for the first time five months after the bombing. She competed in her first national show at France’s Haras de Jardy one year after the accident.
Bea received Pentagon approval for one year of intensive rehabilitation at the Naval Medical Center-San Diego. While in San Diego, she met and began training with Shayna Simon at Arroyo Del Mar, with the goal of representing the United States at the Paralympic Games in Tokyo in 2020.
Bea is now attending the University of San Diego where she was granted the status of Scholar-Athlete.
Bea will be competing in her first CPEDI*** January 17-20, 2019 during the Adequan Global Dressage Festival in Wellington, FL.
Social Media Panel
2019 EQBW Summit Partners - Please click to learn more about our amazing partners!
On Monday, March 5, 2018, a conference was held in Wellington, Florida, to discuss the creation of Equestrian Businesswomen. We were excited to have so many women express interest in being a part of this new venture. We hope to see many new faces at the 2019 EQBW Summit as we grow and lift each other up to create better businesswomen, leaders, bosses, employees, and most of all, better people.
Non-Profit Ticket Contest Details
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up by emailing email@example.com and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is for a ticket (valued at $50) and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Equestrian Businesswomen, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Equestrian Businesswomen as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 22nd, 2018 and ending December 27th, 2018 at 4pm est. All online entries must be received by December 27th, 2018 at 4pm est.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the requested information as seen on Facebook and Instagram. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Equestrian Businesswomen. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Equestrian Businesswomen.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one (one) ticket to the Equestrian Businesswomen Summit on January 9th in West Palm Beach, FL (value = $50) The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Equestrian Businesswomen. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Equestrian Businesswomen to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by by community vote under the supervision of Equestrian Businesswomen. Winner will be notified email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Equestrian Businesswomen shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT EQUESTRIAN BUSINESSWOMEN‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Equestrian Businesswomen, anyone acting on behalf of Equestrian Businesswomen, and Equestrian Businesswomen’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: Equestrian Businesswomen reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Equestrian Businesswomen’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Equestrian Businesswomen may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Equestrian Businesswomen. Equestrian Businesswomen reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Equestrian Businesswomen has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Equestrian Businesswomen reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Equestrian Businesswomen and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND FLORIDA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Florida having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: all winners will be contacted via email, as well as announced via social media no later than January 7th, 2019.
Facebook and Instagram: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Campaign hosted by Equestrian Businesswomen is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
15. By emailing email@example.com, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.